1. Who we are
CLS Plumbing & Heating are a small local business serving all aspects of plumbing and heating issues.
The appropriate data controller(which determines the purpose and means of “processing” your personal information) will be the business which you have instructed and if you are in any doubt about the identity of the data controller, you should ask your usual contact.
This Privacy Notice applies to the use and processing of personal information collected by CLS Plumbing & Heating Limited.
2. Information covered by this Privacy Notice
Personal data. This is information, or any combination of separate pieces of information, that could be used to identify you
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully. If you have any questions about this notice or our use of your personal data, please contact us via email@example.com or in writing to CLS Plumbing & Heating, Shorham Rise, Two Mile Ash Milton Keynes, MK88BS
3. Where we get personal information from
When you enquire or register for products and services provided by CLS Plumbing & Heating, we may collect personal information from a variety of sources, including:
· Information we collect directly from you, either through face to face contact, by telephone, email or electronic communications such as messaging or through the internet
· Information provided to us by third parties such as your Landlord etc
· Information from publically available sources, for example, Land Registry
4. What information we collect
4.1 Information we collect directly from you
Depending on the type of service or product we are discussing, the following are examples of information we may collect directly from you:
· Email address
· Postal address
· Telephone number
· Payment information, such as a credit card and bank account details
· Your communication and marketing preferences
We may, during the course of your relationship with us, request additional information from you which is relevant to the provision of specific services.
Any telephone calls either to or from our customer service teams may be recorded for training, monitoring, compliance and security.
4.2 Information we collect when you visit our web sites
5. Who we share your information with
Where we engage third party service providers to provide services (such as other companies to help us complete work required or other business services and operations, we provide them with only the personal information they need to perform the service we request. We contractually require them to securely protect information, and not to use it for any other purpose.
6. How we use your information
We will process the information you provide or we obtain from other sources to provide you with products and services and answer any questions you may have.
The following are examples of how we use the information we collect:
· To process your enquiry and action work undertaken
· To arrange survey and quotations
· To process payment for our services
· To protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorised transactions, money laundering, tax evasion, claims, other liabilities and manage risk exposure and agent or franchise quality, integrity, compliance and security of business processes
· To provide, administer and communicate with you about CLS Plumbing & Heating products, services, offers, programs and promotions.
· To compile business directories, including business contact information
· To operate, monitor, evaluate and improve our products, services and websites
6.1 Customer Surveys
From time to time we may provide your information to our customer service agencies for research, survey and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the services we provide. We or our agents and sub-contractors may occasionally contact you including by post, email or telephone to ask you for your feedback and comments on our services.
6.2 Information about our products and services
We may also use your personal data to contact you by post, e mail, telephone or other electronic means to provide you with information about products and services and carefully selected third parties which we feel may be of interest or relevant to your needs.
Please see Section 12 for information about how you can exercise your rights.
· official public records information such as fraud record information and insolvency records
7. Lawful basis of processing
We processes your information under any of the following lawful conditions:
i. Performance of a contract - this is where the collection and processing of your data is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract
ii. Legal obligation - this is where the collection and processing of your data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, for example verification of identity and fraud prevention
iii. Consent - where we process information under consent we will seek your clear and unambiguous consent before processing your data, for example to send and/or receive marketing information
8. Other situations
We may transfer or otherwise process your personal information:
· As part of the our work requested by you to another company, or in relation to the purchase of their product or sale.
· When we have received your instruction to pass your details onto a third party business for example another tradesmen/women we recommend.
· To enforce our terms and conditions
· When required by law and/or government authorities
9. How long we keep your information for
We will keep your information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, and to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations.
For further information about how long we will keep your information, please contact the CLS Plumbing & Heating Limited by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
10. When we communicate with you
We will send you service-related communications
We may also contact you in order to provide you with information about our products and services which we believe may be of interest to you, and which relate to your needs. For example if your Gas Safety Check is up for renewal we will send emails to yourself to remind you of this.
11. How we communicate with you
For service related communications, we will contact you either by e-mail or through the post. We may also telephone you or send you SMS messages, which may include automated SMS reminders for Gas Safety Checks etc.
We give you choices about how we communicate promotions and offers to you.
11.1 By e-mail
We only send you promotional emails if you explicitly select to receive these (you opt-in). You can stop receiving promotional email messages from a us by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions provided in any e-mail you receive.
11.2 By post
We only send you promotional postal mail if you explicitly select to receive these (you opt in). You can stop receiving promotional postal mail from us by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions included in those communications.
11.3 Mobile Text Messages
We will only send you promotional text messages if you explicitly select to receive these (you opt-in). You can stop receiving promotional text messages by following the opt-out instructions provided in the text message. We will also send out reminders of our visits due via text so you don’t forget we are coming to you.
12. Your statutory rights
You have a number of rights concerning the personal information we use. These include the right to:
· ask us for access to a copy of your personal information we hold about you
· ask us to correct your personal information
· ask us to deleteyour personal information
When Asked to delete will delete any personal information in your account that we have about you, and it will mean any data about how you’ve used us in the past will become anonymous. Exceptions to this are via invoicing this are required by law to be kept for 7 years.
Where you have provided consent for our processing of your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, your previous consent will remain valid in respect of our use of your data in relation to good or service we are still contracted to provide
You can also update your communication preferences by emailing us email@example.com
We will act to respond to your request to stop receiving promotional email, phone, text or postal messages as quickly as is practicable (around 10 working days, as systems take time to replicate). We will keep information for record keeping purposes, to ensure we fulfil your request not to send particular types of messages.
· ask us to restrict the use of your personal data, including direct marketing
· object to our use of your personal data
If you wish to make a request for access to a copy of your personal data, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to exercise any of your other rights, please write us at CLS Plumbing & Heating Shorham Rise Milton Keynes MK88BS
We will acknowledge your request and let you know what we will need from you to carry out your request. Every effort will be made to respond to or comply with your request as quickly as possible, and we will ensure our systems are updated as soon as is practicable in response to your request.
A cookie is a small file placed on your device when you visit a website that can be understood by the site that issued the cookie. We use the information collected by cookies to remember who you are to log you in and to store your preferences when using a particular site. It may contain a unique identifier to ensure that you are not shown the same information and/or are only shown information you have stated that you are interested in.
A cookie records your preferences when using a particular site, ensuring that you are not shown the same information and/or are only shown information you have stated that you are interested in. In order to use the Site you agree to let cookies be saved as they are an important part of navigation of the Site.
The following are examples of information we may collect:
· Information about your device browser and operating system
· Your internet protocol (IP) address assigned to your internet service
· The web pages you visit on our websites
· Any embedded links you view
13.1 Third party cookies used on the site
We use Google Analytics to provide us with information about your visit to our website. We do this in order to help improve our website service to customers.
Their cookies typically store anonymous aggregated information such as whether a visitor has been to the site before, and the time of the current visit.
14. How we protect your information
We store your personal information on our computer systems and in our paper records.
We have implemented strict security procedures to ensure that personal information is not damaged, destroyed or misused, and to prevent unauthorised access to your information.
The information that we collect is stored in a secure facility with restricted physical access.
We also use a number of security measures to prevent electronic access.
Where - in line with this Privacy Notice - information is shared with third parties, similar security measures are used to protect your information.
15. Data Transfers
We ourselves do not currently transfer the personal information we collect about you to recipients in countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information.
If in the future we or our partners need to transfer your information to recipients in other countries we will:
i. perform those transfers in accordance with the requirements of applicable law and subject to appropriate safeguards, and
ii. protect the transferred personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice
16. Children’s privacy
We do not offer any products or services to children.
17. Links to other websites
Our websites, other electronic portals and documentation may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These may operate independently from us and have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review.
Where linked websites are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content or data privacy practices.
18. Our Promise to you
When you provide us with this information, you agree to the collection, use and sharing of your information in accordance with this data privacy notice. Our promise to you is that
· We’ll work with other businesses to put together offers we think you might like
· You are in control of your data
· You can change your privacy settings at any time
· If you don’t think the data is correct tell us and well put it right
· We will keep your data secure
· We also promise to collect, process store and share your data safely and securely and to make sure the businesses we work with do the same
19. Updates to our Privacy Notice
We will occasionally update our Privacy Notice, so we suggest that you review this Notice from time to time. If we make substantial changes to our Privacy Notice, we will endeavour to inform you directly about these changes.